A few tips from Jared and the World Tech Academy team to remember as you’re building and customizing WordPress websites for your brand:
- Make sure to research your theme before building. There are a lot of themes out there so make sure to ask yourself and/or the theme developers the following questions before selecting a theme:
- Does this theme have functions that work for what I am trying to accomplish with my website? (ie: contact forms, eCommerce compatibility, looks good on mobile)
- Does the theme include Demo content files?
- Are there any hidden or add on costs to this theme that would make some of the features not accessible unless I pay more?
- Does this theme have good ratings and support?
- If you find another WordPress website that you like, you can often track down the theme that they used to give your site the same look and functionality.
- Get to know different plugins and try them out before your site goes live to make sure they work exactly the way you want them too. Remember to choose plugins that have a lot of installs and good ratings, otherwise your site may not move as smoothly as you want it to.
- Use the FREE hosting you have this year to practice building sites on. Practice makes perfect.
If you want to continue learning and take a deeper dive into the wonderful world of WordPress, World Tech Academy’s WordPress Crash Course can help you start building professional WordPress websites in no time. For more information on the whole course (the session starts in July), visit: http://www.worldtechacademy.com/wpcrashcourse.html.
Reach out to Jared with any questions you have about WordPress or any of World Tech Academy’s upcoming courses at email@example.com or (804) 517-9080.
Big thanks to Jared and his team for an awesomely informative workshop!